Colleges & Universities
The ATP wants to ensure that all parties are benefiting from the programme
Here at the ATP we are dedicated about developing close and important relationships with the educational institutes.
We are more than happy to adapt to the college / universities needs as a partner. We want the programme to also meet the needs of educational institutions. We are more than happy to tailor the workshops, so if that means running or adapting the workshop, promoting DLHE surveys, monitoring the destinations in house to support the educational institution, we are more than happy to support.
Become a Referral Partner
- ATP are happy to accept referrals from a variety of sources. We are always on the lookout for talent! We look for people who really love working with animals and are passionate about giving the ‘best’ level of animal care
- ATP have engaged with a number of DWP / Jobcentres and schools to ensure that everyone has a fairer opportunity to benefit from our free careers advice. The ATP team are more than happy to come out and meet with groups of jobseekers / school leavers who may not have had access to an animal related qualification.
- ATP is open to support all levels of talent regardless of their status or qualification. We focus on finding people who are passionate about caring for animals and strongly believe in giving nothing but the ‘best’ level of care. We purely focus on the ‘ability’ to give great animal welfare!
- ATP strive to work alongside all form of careers advisory bodies such as the IEP, DWP and civil servants. We have a range of tools readily available to support signposting from employment advisors such as posters which can be showcased within JCP branches and subcontractor/supply chains. We offer extensive in work support and are highly driven on all technicians sustaining work for 14 weeks+.
*Please Note: ATP is a self funded social enterprise which funds all training costs therefore there is no conflict of interest or double funding issues to worry about!
Careers Days, Destination Measures, Prospects & GATSBY
ATP are proud to be invited to attend regular careers days for animal related students throughout the UK.
Here at the ATP, we feel it is highly important to keep a record of all learners educational background, route of referral and entry levels of qualifications to ensure we are able to support both our educational partners in terms of destination measures, but to also ensure we are diverse in allowing our learners to come from a variety of paths. We want to support all types of learners based on their commitment and behaviours. This includes their ‘willingness to learn’ We are more than happy to support our partners with any destination measures or ‘in to work’ recording procedures. All our S3 and ATP Animal Technicians are asked to complete a ‘consent to share’ form which allows us to share this information
Prospects ‘Careers’ Partnership
ATP work in partnership with Prospects and are able to offer virtual careers fayres as of 2020. Information on our ATP programme and recruitment services can be found in the Prospects ‘student careers guide’
GATSBY is committed to strengthening the country’s science and engineering skills. ATP is proud to support educational establishments meeting some of these benchmarks. Gatsbys ‘good career guidance’ is critical for social mobility. It helps open students’ eyes to careers they may not have considered. ATP is proud to advocate the ‘medical research’ industry and offer unbiased and factual information, advice and guidance on the career path. For more information on how we are able to support delivering against the GATSBY benchmarks, please do get in touch!
- Supports the GATSBY benchmarks
- Careers Advice
- Ethics and medical research discussion
- Increase in quality and volumes of destination measures (DLHE)
- Employer Engagement (ATP employer partners are also keen to get involved!)
So, If you have job seekers on your caseload who are looking to work with animals, we want to hear from you!
Please call or email in for more information. We have a number of ATP enrolment officers ready to answer any queries you may have around ATP
Call Us 0203 854 9771
Email Us firstname.lastname@example.org